Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Not Enough Arms!

Greetings from Haiti where we finished our first day bringing clean water, hugs, eye contact and love to the poorest neighborhood in Citie Soleil. Children ran to the truck when we arrived and asked us to pick them up. At times I was holding two children in my arms with a couple hanging on my legs. There were children no older than my granddaughter Abigail (2 1/2) unattended and walking in the street barefoot, some with grey mucous in their nose.  There were little children carrying babies but not many parents around.  I felt a moment of satisfaction when I put the two children down and played patty cake with all of them. Then we started singing Jesus Loves the Little children and many more came over and tried to learn some of the words. The most heartbreaking experience of the day is when a young woman asked us to take her baby.It was difficult saying good-bye when we ran out of water but rewarding to refill our truck and service 2 more villages. Thank you for your prayers, Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment