Sunday, August 25, 2013

Our Last Full Day in God's Beautiful Country of Haiti

God is so good!

Today we had an amazing opportunity to worship and recieve a short message with Fanfan for church this morning. I would say that it was so powerful. We definately got the Holy Spirit moving! Fanfan shared with us that we don't need to be anxious, afraid, worried, scared, or any negative emotion or have any negative feelings because God is with us. God promised that he is preparing a place for us and he will come for us when he is ready. We should live every day as if it was our last day on Earth and keep preparing to spend eternity with God, our Father.

After worship and a message with Fanfan, we went to Wahoo Bay and saw the gorgeous beaches of Haiti. After walking through the streets where we served all week, the white sands and clear blue waters seemed almost unreal. It was so calming and relaxing to all of us. We got to ride wave runners, snorkel, and have a blast swimming around! The vendors at the beach were so enjoyable to talk to and buy from! We got cute little gifts for others back home.

A few thoughts about this week from me (Maddie)
God created Haiti with an amazing purpose. We all had such an amazing time serving our Father this week. I am pretty positive we all cried at one point or another. We took a crazy fun emotional roller coaster this week and even when we were crying and sad, I know that we could still feel loved and love on other people. I loved ministering to such a variety of people, from people on the streets of Cite Soleil and Titanyen, the kids at Juno's, Issiah's, and Gertrude's, the Home for Sick and Dying Babies, to the people we would see everywhere we traveled. This week I have been constantly been told by God through my prayers and through signs that he is calling me to do mission work. I am so excited to say that my first experience was with Healing Haiti, and I can say with certainty that unless God calls me home soon, this will most certainly not be the last time I am here with Healing Haiti.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported our team both financially and prayerfully for this week and want you all to know that we love you from the bottom of our hearts for all the support you have given and will continue to give. As much as we don't want to go home, I know weA are all so excited to share the THOUSANDS of pictures with you all as well as our stories about this trip.

Today's blog has been bittersweet to write. I hope that sometime, very soon, I will be writing a blog sitting in this exact place discussing my second mission trip with Healing Haiti! I would like to quick give a shout out to all the Healing Haiti staff and everyone who made this trip possible!

Thank you God for making this trip so amazing!
Much Love,
Madeline Grace Kosch

No comments:

Post a Comment