Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 8: Headed Home

The Journey of Faith (JOF) team is at the Haitian airport, soon to catch the flight to Miami and then California. As I sit in the empty guest house I am reflecting on the uplifting week. What started out as 15 strangers from California has evolved into my extended family. I was blessed to watch each Cali team members shine, and struggle, during a week full of new experiences. There was heartbreak, sadness, sometimes anger, laughter, and getting to the point of exhaustion that leaves us punchy and just cray cray (crazy)...last night as Evan went to bed, he made the mistake of charging his phone in the hallway and a few of the girls stayed up and filled his phone with random Haitian photos. :-) This has been a fun team and the laughter helps offset the sadness.

Haiti is not easy, it can be a difficult week that pushes us beyond our comfort and forces us to look at ourself and ask "What is God trying to teach me in this moment"? To watch some team mates break down with sadness is hard, but God is breaking our heart so we can help those in need. 

I will always remember each person on the JOF team for their unique personalities. I am already sad to have them gone, but I know I will see them again soon! 

Glwa Pou Bondye!! Bridget




No comments:

Post a Comment