Friday, December 12, 2014

Staff Appreciation

Every day has been an endless blessing. Throughout the week the staff have prepared our meals, driven the cars and cleaned the house. This morning we had an opportunity to repay them with a staff appreciation breakfast. While we were preparing the food one of the ladies who worked in the house came over early and started doing the laundry. My dad explained to her what we were doing and invited her to help me learn French instead. For over two hours she smiled and tried to teach me phrases. It truly showed me her value of relations, not just between us, but also between her and God. The first thing she did was teach me how to say Jesus loves me. As the day went on it was easy to observe the strong faith and light that shined in each of them as they sang after breakfast, but what I was most taken back by was how they included us in it and made us see the light in ourselves. I was easy to see why the lady I had talked to earlier valued relationships the way she did. With these bonds she was able to bring people into a family, letting us all know God better.

~ Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment