Saturday, March 1, 2014

Healing Haiti-Friends: 10,000 Reasons

Yesterday was a good day at Gertrudes for mentally challenged and handicapped kids. These are very special children that were so special to be around. Then we went to another orphanage to interact with the children there, but we were the ones that were blessed by them when they sang there Creole songs for us. What beautiful music it was, it gave me goosebumps. This has been a challenging week for me, I have been stretched by God to an uncomfortable point, but it has been good. We have enjoyed the company of our Haitian guides who have taken very good care of us. Their names are Cadet , Jonas, and Maxime (our driver). Cadet has tried to teach us the song "Ten Thousand Reasons" in Creole. I think we almost have it down. NOT! but we tried. He keeps telling us it's easy. I don't know
Also was able to tour the site of the mass burial after the earthquake on January 12th,2010
They plan to put a memorial up there, which they have already started. We saw this yesterday. Our week is almost over and I will be coming home soon, but I will bringing home a new love for Haiti with prayers for God to shed his grace on the people of Haiti.



Deb Hodnefield

No comments:

Post a Comment