Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Relying on God....

There wasn't anything that could have prepared me for this day. I thought I was strong. I thought was a hard worker. I've thought, at times, that I had suffered. I am none of these things. I am the least of these. I am ashamed of having thought these things about myself.

Today we experienced working with the water trucks to deliver clean water to Cite Soleil and to one of the tent cities. I am humbled by the strength and effort it takes to have something that I take for granted every day. Every drop of water must be delivered, carried (usually a five gallon bucket on the head), stored, and rationed.......without ever knowing when the next truck will arrive.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the sights, sounds, and smells, of that which is Cite Soleil. I am exhausted and overwhelmed. I am asking for help from God. My head is full of chaos that is not quite as orderly as I am comfortable with. I am feeling raw and vulnerable.

This is me outside my comfort zone. This is me relying on God to lead the way. This is me knowing that I belong here right now.

Glwa pou Bonye, pou tou jou.

Julie





No comments:

Post a Comment