Saturday, May 9, 2015

Fulfilling Day

Throughout the week as we have visited different places and done some very challenging things I sometimes wondered if the little things we have done really make much of a difference. I'm glad I didn't have to try to write this blog on several of those days because I'm not sure I could have found the right words to say. It's impossible to describe some of the things I have seen and experienced this week. I'm so happy that we had the opportunity to work in the Grace Village clinic the last couple days. Today Amy and I were able to see a couple more patients in the orthopedic clinic and the dental team had another busy day as well. It's easy to think, "what good have I done by helping so few people in a country so full of need?" but as each of the patients left from both the ortho and dental clinics you could see the appreciation and joy that our treatments brought to every single one.  I met a fifteen year old boy today who had never been to the dentist before.  It's hard for me to wrap my head around that since basic medical and dental care is something that we take for granted. There is so much more work to do here but today I saw a glimpse of hope.
Josh




Matthew 25:40 …….Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment