Sunday, May 10, 2015

Servants

Today was a day of mixed emotions. The day started with the service at Grace Church in Titanyen. The music was lively and it was obvious that the people loved to sing. As I observed, I was amazed at how these people praised God, even though their lives are filled with so many hardships. Pastor Wesley preached from Acts 12:1-19. Though it was in Creole, I could tell he was passionate about God's Word.





After church, we visited 5 elders. We took them a hot meal, juice, water, applesauce, and some snacks. From the pictures, you can see what meager conditions they live in. The thing that touched me most was that we washed their feet and rubbed lotion on both their feet and hands. All five people were so grateful for what we brought and what we did for them. Though we might have thought we would be a blessing to them, the blessing they gave us was far greater.






Because it was Mother's Day today I thought a lot about my own mom. It made me more aware of all I have and how well my own mother and father-in-law are taken care of. We as Americans need to be more thankful! My prayer today is that these wonderful elders would have their prayer requests answered. Some of their requests were for basic needs like a roof to be repaired, food and money, health issues and a new pair of sandals. Jesus told his disciples to be servants. The spiritual life is all about service and having a servant's heart.
JoAnn

John 13:14
If I then your Lord and Master, have washed your feet ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment