Sunday, September 27, 2015

Day 5--A piece of my heart in Haiti

Today is the day I left a piece of my heart in Haiti. Began the day before dawn praising God at "tent" church. As the sun cam up blood my heart to God, "The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning. Time to sing Your song again. Whatever May and pass whatever lies before me ... .Let me be singing When the evening comes. "Little did I Know That Would this be truly my prayer today. Little did I know today That Would Be That I left the day a piece of my heart in Haiti. General Hospital was our stop today. My first act of service was to deliver toys stuffed with three others to a room with four orphans. The first babe I saw stopped me in my tracks. Was this one why I was here. This little tiny skeleton with skin stretched over. Sores front and back, Some nurses Could not cover the goal with a piece of cloth As They HAD no bandages. I tucked a small stuffed kitten under her hand, though She Could not hold it. I gazed into her eyes, though she Could not focus on me. Abandoned and Brought to the hospital by social workers, She Had been here five months. I Could not imagine what she must have Looked like Then. I did not want to. So I blood. Jesus loves me. And I Told her Jezi Reme Or. Jesus loves you. Over and over and over. Only When forced to leave and visit the rest of the hospital did I leave her side. So, hugs and encouragement from my fellow team members and off to the next ward. Passing out gift bags filled with diapers and personal hygiene items. Cuddling babies, smiling and praying for mamas. Then Reviews another baby captured my heart. She Was the third baby for me to hold in this ward. The "mama" our translator Told That Was abandoned this child and She Had Volunteered to care for her while she was here with her own child. Praise God For That mama's heart! But, I found, HOWEVER, That I Could not give her up That Easily When Time to go. I handed her off to our team leader and Walked Away Because I Could not bear to let her go. So, what is the purpose of this? Why witness thesis babies Suffering When I can do nothing? Why About did God bring me all the way to Haiti to break my heart over and dying abandoned babies? Goal I have done something. I have come here, and has-been little tiny hand of God's big picture. I have touched lives in ways I will never know this side of heaven. I have left a smile, a touch, a cuddle, a prayer, a song and a seed planted for the love of Jesus. That what Jesus says we do to "the least of These" we do to Him. That is my prayer I will continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus, Wherever He calls me and That You Will join me so That We May journey together Becoming a share of God's big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment