Saturday, February 8, 2014

An Offering

I read Oswald Chambers last night before bed and it seemed to be just for me and just for this trip in 2 weeks to Haiti.  The title was, "Are you ready to be offered?" and the verse was 2 Timothy 4:6, "for I am already being poured out as a drink offering...".  In the Message it says, "...my life: an offering on God's altar", and in the NLT, "...my life has already been poured out as an offering to God".

I want my life to be an offering to Him.  I want to lay myself at His feet and offer my will, my agenda, my skills, and my abilities to Him and see what He will do.  I feel small and like there is no way I can make a difference in a week in the kingdom or for the kingdom of God, but I am willing to offer.  Chambers says, "tell God you are ready to be offered, and God will prove Himself to be all you ever dreamed He would be".

 This offering, Chambers says, is a transaction of will, not of sentiment.  When we surrender our will to Him, it is in this crisis that we open ourselves up to whatever HE choses to do, not what WE chose to do.  I'm scared, but I will bind my sacrifice on God's altar and let Him purify what I have to offer.  I'm praying that He will use what is there for His glory, not mine, and He will take whatever is left and use it for His kingdom.

"Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven"  Matt. 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment