Monday, February 17, 2014

Preparing to Leave

As I prepare to leave for Haiti in 6 short days I want to mention how thankful I am for all of you who have supported me through prayer and monetary support.  God has richly blessed me on my journey to this point.  

I am very excited to see what the Lord will do in and through my life as I surrender to His will.  I know we have talked as a group and with individuals how frightening it is to say "God your will be done in my life: because we know not where that will lead us and what God will demand of us.  But, I am trusting that He only wants the best for me and where I fail physically or in speaking HE will fill in those areas with HIS power and not mine.

I would be lying if I said I feel prepared and ready. But, I am willing. In my devotions today God told me that my relationship with Him is meant to be vibrant and challenging, as he invades more and more areas of my life.  He tells me not to fear change for He wants to work through me and continue to refine me.  When we cling to old ways and sameness, I resist His work within me. He wants me to embrace all that He is doing in my life, finding my security in Him alone.  I pray for that peace and allowing Him to work in and through me.

So, I end with a verse that my daughter, Lindsay gave me the other day.  Is. 6:8  Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said "Here am I send Me!" This verse just gives me goosebumps as I prepare to go to Haiti. 

No comments:

Post a Comment