Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Kindness is what God asks of us

In my devotions today I was reading about kindness and love.  Something we will be showing to those we meet in Haiti.  It tells of the time someone was walking down the street and a beggar asked for some money and he reached into his pocket and said "I'm sorry, my brother, but I have nothing to give.  The beggar brightened and said, "You have given me more than I asked for--- you have called me brother."

To the loved, a word of affection is a morsel, but to the love-starved, a word of affection can be a feast.

I thought this fitting for what we are about to embark on in Haiti.  My sisters and brothers in Christ I have been praying that God would love so much through each and everyone of us that He would touch the hearts of all we come in contact with.  And that our hearts would be over flowing with all He has to offer those in need.

I'm praying the Lord would use each and everyone of us in this trip.  I have no fear that He will be with us every step of the way.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.  The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself.  There is no cmmandment great than these.  Mark 12: 30-31

No comments:

Post a Comment