Monday, July 27, 2015

Huge Success with One Glitch


-- From Abby

The morning starts out at 5:30am when Shannon Maixner, storms into Shannon W, Abby, Natalie, Nicole, and Sarah’s room, asking for a hair dryer. Our alarm then goes off five minutes later for church.  Church was as usual amazing and it was great to experience how other cultures worship. Now our mission this week was sports camp. The past three days we would get up bright and early and make our way to Grace Village and teach the kids different sports and of course the word of God. My group had the basketball/dance station. I played basketball in high school so I was right in my element and loved teaching these kids the sport I enjoy the most. We also would preform skits to spread the Lords word and my skit was about a triathlon. It was so funny and even more fun to act out. So overall the camp was a hit with the kids and a huge success! The most unfortunate part of today was after camp and the museum, we went to the pool and little did we know that the water had copper overload and turned Natalie’s hair BRIGHT GREEN. It was amazing but really unfortunate for her….. that’s one memory no one will forget. MOM- I have been using sunscreen and drinking water!!!! Now I am going to pee because I wasn’t allowed to until I finished my blog according to Shannon Maixner.

No comments:

Post a Comment